Labor + birth class
The Labor + Birth Class is at the heart of Parent Craft, providing the essentials of what you need to know to prepare for labor, birth and beyond.
We explore the fundamentals of labor and birth with an emphasis on how to promote an effective labor and navigate unexpected diversions. We develop a toolkit of techniques and resources to ready your nest and strengthen your partnerships at home and in the community as you prepare for this life-changing experience.
• What is happening during labor and birth? What are the four stages?
• Toolkit of techniques for labor support including: positions and movement, specific partner suggestions
• Common interventions + medications; building trust with providers around these conversations
• Identifying internal and external resources
• The golden hour: initiating breastfeeding, newborn procedures
• Postpartum pearls of wisdom
One-Day Weekend Class 10am-6pm (8 hours) OR
3 Week Weeknight Class 6:30pm-9:30pm (9 hours total)
-partner or support person attendance
-35-page printed booklet with abundant postpartum resources
-snack fuel & herbal tea -direct email access to Casey for pregnancy and postpartum referrals and support
take while pregnant, ideally after labor + birth class
Breastfeeding / Newborn / Postpartum Support.
The days and weeks after childbirth (the Fourth Trimester) are an integral part of the complex social, emotional and physical journey into parenthood . We will discuss the day to day challenges and exciting adventures of life as a newly postpartum parenting family.
• What to Expect in Baby's First Days
• Basic Newborn Care and the Needs of Young Infants
• Getting Breastfeeding Off to a Good Start: Latching, Positioning and Making Milk
• Care and Nurturing of your Postpartum Body
• Common Challenges: Crying, Calming and Sleep
• Creating Sustainable Routines
Offered Monthly: 3.5-Hour Weekend Class
Partner or Support Person Welcome
all about baby
for parent and their baby(ies) ages newborn to 6 months
Infant Development Class for Parent and Baby
Our original curriculum is a rich educational experience that will leave you with a deep understanding of your baby’s development in the first year of life. This group is facilitated by an Infant Development Specialist who will act as a resource, guide the conversation, and answer your questions about baby along the way. Our goal is to empower you to thrive as a parent and enjoy the journey.
Temperament and responsive caregiving
Sleep and self/co-regulation
Supporting motor development
Feeding and play